I’m too short on time to write a properly contemplative post today, but here’s some very cool stuff that you should check out on the internet.
Something for Everyone
1. Public Domain Review: This is a site that explores art, science, images, etc. that are part of the public domain. In addition to being a wonderful place to get legal blog images from, it is a terrific place to spend an afternoon reading.
2. Awesome Your Life: My friend Carolyn, who I know better from the internet than I did when we were in graduate school together (during my star-crossed semester), is building a gift-economy based business model to demonstrate a revised, hopefully less damaged (culturally) way to think about money. Regardless, she is a brilliant woman and an excellent writer, so go learn something. She’ll give you her book for free if you sign up for her mailing list. Probably also if you don’t.
3. World of Goo: This is a great, cheap game. Fella bought it and gave it to me. I am not really big on video games, but this one stole at least 2 afternoons of my life before the computer it was on crashed and I didn’t install it on my new one.
4. Gasland by Josh Fox: I just watched this move for the first time the other day, and I will tell you for truth that I am absolutely planning to high-tail it out of PA ASAP. Fella and I will have to get some ducks in rows, so we’ll be around for another year or two, but really, it’d be irresponsible to stay. If you live in much of the west and mid-west US, and NY, PA, NH, VT, watch this movie and get active in your local community before it’s too late. It’s too late for us here in Williamsport and in a lot of states/communities West.
5. Don’t Feed the Trolls! Kristen Lamb writes about all kinds of book and book-publishing and authorship topics on her blog that has the unlikely URL of warriorwriters.wordpress.com. I found this post to be particularly helpful, and have found myself linking it a lot lately because I use it as a guideline to identify comment trollers. I am overly willing to guess that I’m wrong and being hyper-sensitive about comment trollers. Over at Blue Lit, yesterday saw some exciting traffic to my review of My Memories of a Future Life by Roz Morris. Fella reminded me not to feed the trolls, which I did, sadly. Still, go read the review, and me feeding the trolls, b/c that’s the best part.
6. Don’t Click This Link If You’re At Work! I am impressed by these. They are pretty and cordless and battery-free. Ignore the crappy writing in the marketing copy, and just hang out with Whoop-de-doo, a line of aesthetically attractive sex toy products.